Friday, July 12, 2013

Why I dive

When asking the others for descriptive words for diving this is what I got:
Laura -exhilarating,
Rivers- beautiful, bouyant and shared
Bob- consistently excellent varieties
For me today's dive had most of what I dive for, and it is expressed by all of the words above. We had 2 wall dives today which gives me the exhilaration. Coming to the edge of the wall, giving a strong kick, extending my arms and I am flying off the edge of the cliff. I kept doing this today, using up extra air, but I didn't care, I was having a blast. The beautiful part is a given, all  the colors and variety of fish and coral, and the fact that I get to share it with people I love just makes it all the better. We saw a Moray Eel today, swimming around the rocks. It was the first time I had ever seen one swimming in the daylight. They are normally night hunters, and during the day the find a home to sleep in, and all you see is their head, looking out at you. This one was a beautiful green color and about 5 feet long, swimming along the edge of the wall. They will not bother humans unless they are being molested, or feed, neither of which we had any intention of doing.
Waiting for the sun to be lower in the sky to venture out for a walk.
Air temperature: 90+
Water temperature 84 on the surface, 82 down at 70 feet.
Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment